[Magdalen] Terminology query (was Re: speaking of downsizing...)

Kristin Rollins kristin at verumsolum.com
Wed Apr 1 12:40:26 UTC 2015

It is amazing, though, how some of those terms can seem like everybody
knows them until you are somewhere else. And then you don't know which
words are the ones that will make people look at you like "WHAT did you
just say?"

I think I had the same experience with hymn tunes. There were the tunes
that EVERYBODY knew back home, and in most churches I visited other
places near there. But it took a long time to figure out which ones
would get a "we've NEVER sung that tune before" reaction from choir and
congregation down here.

Kristin

--
  Kristin Rollins