[Magdalen] Terminology query (was Re: speaking of downsizing...)

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 13:20:23 UTC 2015

One thing that I realised at Trinity is that knowlege and use of hymn
tunes is very regional.  I never get to sing a lot of the tunes that
EVERYONE sang in Montreal but are virtually unknown in Toronto.  Also it
can vary from church to church.  At my little place, the previous
organist who died at 92 with her organ shoes on after 30+ years of
service had played only a diminishing list of her favourites, so that
congregational hymn tune knowledge is abyssmal!

Marion, a pilgrim