[Magdalen] What's My Line fascination

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 15:53:22 UTC 2015

I've become excessively fascinated with the old (USA) TV show, "What's
My Line?" and have joined a Facebook group dedicated to it. It's more
for the urbane style and repartee than anything, and the comedy that
happened when they got the right combo of panelists and guests. I
think I saw a syndicated later version when I was a kid; what I'm
discovering now is the almost 800 episodes done over 17 years and
hosted by John Charles Daly. All available episodes can actually be
watched on YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/user/WhatsMyLineCBS

My dear partner and I had just finished watching a History Channel
documentary about FDR and Eleanor Roosevelt, and I followed it up by
showing him a YouTube of a mystery guest signing in on What's My
Line?" Of course one saw only an arm and hand and a piece of chalk at
first, and as the hand slowly wrote "Eleanor Roosevelt," Scott the
Younger exclaimed, "Oh my God!" and became riveted on the episode.

Mrs Roosevelt was one of the few guests for which the women on the
panel stood, as well as the men, to shake hands with the guest.

https://youtu.be/YX0wmS3gV0I

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA