[Magdalen] Terminology query (was Re: speaking of downsizing...)

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Wed Apr 1 21:19:22 UTC 2015

> individualism: "And he walks with ME, and he talks with ME, and he
> tells ME that *I* am his own!" ... and that it's thus a most
> inappropriate hymn for communal worship. I can't argue with that.

So he would discard the My own fault my own grievous fault from the Ash
Wednesday liturgy? Sacrament of reconciliation?

I was taught the The Penitential Order is individual as well, as opposed to the
General Confession which is the congregation at large and has nothing to do with
individualism. I guess your professor would eschew the idea of Confession all
together?

These modernists <g>.

Interesting.