[Magdalen] Tenebrae

Eleanor Braun eleanor.braun at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 13:26:00 UTC 2015

According to Wikipedia:

"The *strepitus* (Latin for "great noise"), made by slamming a book shut,
banging a hymnal <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hymnal> or breviary
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breviary> against the pew, or stomping on the
floor, symbolizes the earthquake that followed Christ's death, although it
may have originated as a simple signal to depart."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenebrae

Eleanor