[Magdalen] End of an Era.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Apr 2 16:34:25 UTC 2015

In a message dated 4/2/2015 10:36:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

One more  reason people were
infuriated by "the new prayer book."

Anglicans have always been infuriated by new prayer books:

<<<We  wyll haue the masse in Latten, as  was before.

We  wyll haue the Sacrament hang Oller the hyeghe aulter, and  there to be
worshypped  as it was wount to be, and they whiche will not thereto
consent, we
wyll  haue them dye lyke heretykes against the Holy Catholyque fayth.

We  wyll haue . . . images to be set vp again in euery church, and all
other
auncient  olde Ceremonyes vsed heretofore, by our mother the holy Church.

We  wyll not receyue the newe seruyce because it is but lyke a Christmas
game,  but we wyll haue oure old seruice of Mattens, masse, Euensong and
procession  in Latten as it was before.>>>>

-the  protest of the Men of the West country,  1549

I'm  in many ways in solidarity with the West Country Men   :-)

David  Strang.