[Magdalen] End of an Era.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 2 16:42:46 UTC 2015

On 02/04/2015 17:22, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:

> In a message dated 4/2/2015 9:43:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> momohl1 at cox.net writes:
>
> That is  how I remember it. Morning Prayer was short. We often went to
> the early  service for the short Eucharist on the Sunday when the long
> Communion  Service was held at the late service.
>
> Esther (who is having computer  problems and often can't get onlline)>>>
>
> If you attend Sunday worship at one of the cathedrals and abbeys in
> Britain, and are a music lover, you can treat yourself to both MP
> and the Eucharist without changing seats.  The whole enchilada  takes
> about 2 hours, however, and you'll have to ?endure two sermons.

Not true for all cathedrals.  St Albans has two Eucharists most Sundays,
a Parish Eucharist at 9.30 in the nave and a Choral Eucharist at 11.15
in the Choir so you would need to move as well. (Mattins instead of
Choral Eucharist on the 3rd Sunday of the month.) At Peterborough Matins
is normally said rather than sung.

Roger