[Magdalen] End of an Era.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Apr 2 16:44:54 UTC 2015

In a message dated 4/2/2015 11:19:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
charles.wohlers at verizon.net writes:

At least  in Massachusetts, I'm
pretty sure no diocesan bishop ever required that  all parishes celebrate
Eucharist at the main service each  Sunday.>>>>

That was my experience even in the "Biretta Belt" dioceses of the
Upper Midwest (Eau Claire and Milwaukee, for me).  This led to
such oddities of the Eau Claire Cathedral having Choral Eucharist  once
per month in an otherwise Anglocatholic diocese.  As I mentioned
earlier, this was in large part due to the wealthy low church family  that
donated tons to the cathedral and diocesan budgets.

As we used to say in Norske-land, "Mange tak!"

This actually means, "Many thanks, but it sounds like "Money talks"
in English.

David Strang.