[Magdalen] End of an Era.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Apr 2 18:50:42 UTC 2015

In a message dated 4/2/2015 12:58:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jguthrie at pipeline.com writes:

Coincidence is not Causation, but the steep decline in TEC  membership
seems to
coincide with the demise of MP as Principal  Service..>>>

But don't you think there is a temporal but not causal relationship  there?

I constantly, during 50 years of dermatology practice, had to deal  with
this same temporal/causal problem.

Patient's would say, but Doc, my rash began when I visited New York  City
or wherever.  Or my rash began while I watched fireworks on the 4th  of
July, etc., etc.

While always careful to give any patient history full consideration,  much
of the time these temporal associations had nothing to do with the  cause
of the patient's rash, and their dwelling on these temporal  associations
could well be counterproductive to clearing the rash.

David Strang.