[Magdalen] End of an Era.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 17:34:55 UTC 2015

I loved that the NZPB colored the margins. Our PBs become colored
and frayed with use right in the middle.

Archivists and people who handle new books are taught how to open
them to preserve the binding.

Lay the book on a flat surface, spine down.
Gently open the book in the middle, but not all the way.
Progressing toward both covers, alternate left & right, opening as
you go.
This helps a tightly-stitched binding relax and stretch.

For perfect bindings, open the book, discard contents, then covers.
Into the recycling bin if possible.
-M