[Magdalen] California water restrictions

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Apr 2 19:12:39 UTC 2015

In a message dated 4/2/2015 2:54:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
allanc25 at gmail.com writes:

There  have been several droughts in the past which have required
percentage
reductions to which we've already installed drip systems  etc.>>>

I remember the old "If it's yellow let it mellow; if it's brown flush  it
down."

I've wondered for many years when California would just run out of
water, and the present severe drought has made that sooner rather  than
later.  I feel terrible about this.

Since WW-2 Americans have strapped their belongings on cartop in the
eastern 2/3rds of the country, and headed out to the "Golden West".   There
is
the wonderful scenery and the generally benign weather, but the West
in general, and especially California, have always had some water
deficit, and it would seem there is a finite population that can be
accommodated there.

That finite population number may well have been reached.

David Strang.