[Magdalen] My background

FCBasle at aol.com FCBasle at aol.com
Fri Apr 3 17:26:36 UTC 2015

Ginga

Sorry I have not introduced myself.

I think some of this is in Crockfords but here goes:

I was born in Germany in 1955 to an British army officer and his  Austrian
wife. My younger brother died in 200. My sister is a very active  Christian
in the local Roman Catholic Church.

I went to Charterhouse (a British public school) and then on to  Chelsea
College University of London where in 1976 was awarded a BSc in  Chemistry
from the University of London.

>From University I trained to become a patent lawyer becoming a European
Patent Attorney in 1981 and qualifying as a Chartered Patent Attorney in  1982.

Married Maddy a local Swiss girl and committed Christian on 20th  March
1982 (on my birthday!!) and we have three boys.

I worked in Switzerland for Sandoz AG in Switzerland from 1980 -1994  and
became Swiss at the end of 1994.

Returning to the UK,  I was appointed as Head of the Group Patent  Dept of
Reckitt and Colman ( a British multinational) from 1994 to 1999 and  retired
as a patent attorney in 1999, as I felt the call to full time  ministry.

I trained at Wycliffe Hall, Oxford from 1999-2001 and was  ordained deacon
in 2001 and priested 2002.

I only had one curacy - that in the Bale-Stiffkey Group (Diocese  of
Norwich) across fifteen parishes with a Liberal Catholic training incumbent,  with
whom I am still good friends.

My first incumbency was for three Benefices (in the Diocese of  Canterbury)
on Romney Marsh including New Romney and Dymchurch where I was PiC  for
eight parishes - and was delighted to have Roger Stokes come and see how we
were pioneering focal ministry on the Marsh.

My second incumbency was in the Diocese of Leicester where I was PiC for
fifteen parishes in the South West Framland Benefice

Since 2010 I have been Vicar of the East Marshland Benefice (five parishes)
 in the Diocese of Ely.

Blessings over the Easter
Martin

gingawilder at gmail.com writes:

Dear  Rev'd Martin,
Thank you for your opinion.  I will not argue this consequence of Bp
Lawrence's schismatic action with you.  It serves no creative  purpose.

Have you introduced yourself to the Pub?

Blessings to you as well.  Have a wonderful Triduum and Easter  season.
Ginga Wilder