[Magdalen] Church as Personality Robert Schuller RIP

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 14:43:09 UTC 2015

Schuller's ordination was in the Reformed Church of America (formerly the
Dutch Reformed Church) and AFAIK he never left that denomination.
Unfortunately the saga of the Crystal Cathedral shows what can happen when
a church becomes or tries to become a dynastic megachurch. Similar things
happened in a church I was associated with briefly in the early 1970s. It
has since dwindled to approximately the size it was when I left it and has
lost its school and most of its property and merged with another church.