[Magdalen] Church as Personality Robert Schuller RIP

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 4 21:36:19 UTC 2015

On 04/04/2015 20:41, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:
> David Strang......Well, I take that back. I sang in the choir for an
> Anglican Use Roman Catholic Eucharist about ten years ago. Those who
> swim the Tiber seem to prefer the Old Liturgy (but with new Canons -
> the four in the Roman Rite - which they put back into Old English.
> Then there is the "Anglican Service Book" published by Good Shepherd
> Episcopal Church, Rosemont, PA that puts the entire TEC '79 into
> Elizabethan English.

In our Common Worship (published 2000) we have four main Communion
rites.  Order One is in contemporary language and in what I would call
the revised order with the Gloria before the collect, etc. Order Two is
1662 "with changes that were in common usage", in other words a light
revision similar to the (unauthorused) 1928 C/E BCP. Then the fun starts
with Order Two in contemporary language and Order One in traditional
language.
https://churchofengland.org/prayer-worship/worship/texts/principal-services/holy-communion/orderonetrad.aspx
or http://bit.ly/1a0JU2a

Roger