[Magdalen] Vigil

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 23:30:41 UTC 2015

I would probably love the Easter Vigil if it hadn't been poisoned for me
years ago by the actions of one person. Apparently that poison spread to a
lot of people in that church, though, and it's still not a popular
tradition. According to my sources, there is still much grumbling and
complaining about it from the people who are charged with getting it
together, and the reception of the congregation has never been more than
lukewarm at best. This year, because they are in supply mode, it was
canceled, to (sotto voce) alleluias from the choir, acolyte corps, and
altar guild, and no particular murmuring from the congregation.