[Magdalen] Church as Personality Billy Graham

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 21:09:38 UTC 2015

This is from the Wikipedia article on the Church of the Nazarene, but
attributed to the mauaal for the church, so I guess they do ordain women. I
was always told they did, from earliest times, although in practice they
 are so dang conservative that I would guess few to none actually pastor a
church. They do, however, hold positions of authority, and one has even
been General Superintendent.

"The Church of the Nazarene has two orders of ordained ministry: the
ordained elder and the ordained deacon. The ordained elder is a person,
either male or female, who has been set apart for a ministry of "Word and
Sacrament." Their primary assignment is to preach the Word, administer the
sacraments, and lead the local church. The ordained deacon is a man or
woman who has been set apart for full-time ministry in a role other than
"Word and Sacrament." Those eligible to be ordained as deacons include
those who are called to a full-time ministry of music, Christian social
ministry, or director of Christian education, or another ministry that does
not typically involve leading a congregation. The church also has district
licensed ministers. Usually these are persons who are on the path toward
ordination or who are strongly considering a call to ordained ministry. A
licensed minister may, in some cases, be the pastor of a church."