[Magdalen] Theology of Healing

FCBasle at aol.com FCBasle at aol.com
Sun Apr 5 22:18:43 UTC 2015

James

There are some people who Jesus healed who were told not to tell others (eg
 Mt 8:4, Mt 9:27-31). So really their healing was a blessing only to them
(if  they had kept to what Jesus told them to do). Often they didn't I agree,
but we  bring problems on ourselves when we fail to listen to our Lord's
instructions

I believe Jesus heals to make a point (eg Lazarus and the cripple let down
through the roof of a house by his four friends Mk 2:1-12) other times he
heals to bless that person only (for example the woman with an issue of
blood or Mt 15:24 the Canaanite woman).

It is dangerous to try and make one rule that fits all circumstances  of
healing in the Gospels in my opinion

Blessings
Martin
----