[Magdalen] Mass e-mails, was Test

sally.davies at gmail.com sally.davies at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 18:41:21 UTC 2015

It sounds a lot like the horror that ran through "white" parishes in South
Africa, back in the day when a certain Bishop Desmond Tutu of Johannesburg
was appointed Archbishop of Cape Town.

Stories did the round about his family making a fire in the middle of the
floor at Bishopscourt, a la traditional African hut.

It affected him not one whit but I think there must have been strain on the
younger family members.

When our very popular priest Rob was transferred to a school chaplain job
at the end of 2012, a few people tried to start the story that this was
some kind of anti-St John's conspiracy by the Bishop. It didn't go far
because there were too many level headed people, because Rob himself nailed
it by making it clear that he knew this was God's calling for him, and by
our wonderful assistant priest Angela (now about to retire herself) who
held things together with tremendous grace during the inter-regnum.

Sally D