[Magdalen] Quiet in the pub...

sally.davies at gmail.com sally.davies at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 18:01:41 UTC 2015

Spent an unexpectedly pleasant morning driving out to my sister's farm to
retrieve Keith's car, which had to be abandoned there last weekend when the
roads washed away. Lunch in the relaxed annd friendly village of Patensie
with Keith, Linda and my niece and nephew; then drove back to PE as
passenger and official licensed driver for my 17 year old nephew who is
much more comfortable driving their twin cab 4X4 than I would be.

The damage to the farm road was so bad that we couldn't even get the 4X4
vehicles out but had to make a bedraggled exit on a trailer pulled by my
BIL's tractor.

Then spent a less pleasant but nonetheless satisfying afternoon with my
neuropsychology books, through which I plod whenever there's enough of a
gap, in a vain attempt to catch up with where I'm supposed to be on this
course I'm doing.

Now it's time to chill with a TV show or two, a glass of wine-and-water,
and some supper made by my DH. Kids are on school holidays till nearly the
end of the month so things are more relaxed than usual even though I have
to be at work most days...

An odd thing, and something for which I should officially give
thanks...whilst testing the first drift in Guy's truck, sat in the back and
hanging on for dear life, we fell into a hole amongst the rocks and I
sustained a jarring, rather painful shock-wave up my spine. I was most
upset as in the past this kind of thing has put me back onto medication,
lots of pain, lots of expensive physio...but not this time.

Quite the reverse, the niggling back pain I've had for months has
disappeared. My physio says it prrobably manipulated my spine back into a
good position!! Who knew?? But praise be to God anyway, for yet another
mysterious work-around!

Sally D