[Magdalen] prayerr request

Jon Egger revegger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 22:57:11 UTC 2015

Our VA nurses were unionized.  Charge nurse was delegated out to the nurse
with most seniority on the tour of duty.  I was the night shift charge
nurse (On the "A team, as we called it.) for about the last 6 years that I
worked.

Each charge nurse handled their duties differently.  I came in early to
talk with the day charge nurse and the resident MOD (Medical Officer of the
Day) to see how things were going, then I'd introduce myself to the
patients and families (if around).

I used two tools that helped me immensely:
MBWA - management by walking around
and
WIDD - when in doubt, delegate

Supervisors and Nurse Managers were amazed that that the A team night shift
always ran smoother.

+++
Grace & peace,
Deacon Jon Egger

*“In every age it has been the tyrant, the oppressor and the exploiter who
has wrapped himself in the cloak of patriotism, or religion, or both to
deceive and overawe the People."(Eugene V. Debs, Anti-War Speech, June 16,
1918) *