[Magdalen] Prayers for a good priest

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 16 23:21:04 UTC 2015

Over the years I have known a lot of priests.  The two I would rate most
highly have also become Rural Dean (a local /pastor pastorum/) of where
I was serving at the time.  I had noted that one, the person I have
known longest apart from members of my own family, had been added to the
sick list of the parish where I now live.

This evening I was talking with Richard, my current RD, and asked him
about Lindsay, who has moved to this diocese and is an RD again.
Richard had treatment for bowel cancer  5 years ago and is now down to
annual checks.  He told me that Lindsay has had the same diagnosis and
is currently in good spirits and receiving relatively low dose chemo and
radiotherapy rather than an operation at this stage.

As I give thanks for Richard's continued good health please join me in
prayer for Lindsay Dew that the treatment he receives will have a
similar effect.  God knows we need good priests like them.

Roger