[Magdalen] The house of worship that Fr. Coughlin built (radio priest, RC)

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 03:30:59 UTC 2015

It is a pretty amazing church, even in the 1950s people spoke about it
really being a monument to Fr. C.  The outside of the church has 52 stones
randomly set in the stone exterior which each have the name of a state and
the state flower. I remember walking all around the church one day with an
out of town friend searching for their particular state/flower stone - and
we finally found it. It had formidable narthex, in the round, with a
balcony, with pews, also all around... I've not looked at the video yet.  It
took what seemed like hours to take communion, back in the days when we
knelt at the rail (that stopped in late '60s). Many side chapels also.

I think it was at 12 mile. (yep, just checked)

Lynn

My email has changed to: houstonKLR at gmail.com

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck