[Magdalen] "leaving church" was -->Re: Prayer request

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 21:21:04 UTC 2015

I know a church that really is highish middle.  They've got a fine
priest who came from the Presbyterian Church where he had ministered for
some years but left that because n his heart he is uber Anglo-Catholic.
Much of the congregation is dismayed -- he's so Ca-a-athlick..  But as
he says, he was very up front with the committee who simp;ly were too
lazy and ignorant to explore and understand what he was saying. "He
never said," they wail.  Oh yes he did! I was there for a memorial last
Saturday and there was nothing untoward, unless you count the lace :-)
and that he chanted the Kontakion while facing her urn.  He also gave a
wonderful homily that was way beyond the usual run of funeral stuff.

Marion, a pilgrim