[Magdalen] "leaving church" was -->Re: Prayer request

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Tue Apr 28 21:39:16 UTC 2015

>some years but left that because n his heart he is uber Anglo-Catholic.  Much
>of the congregation is dismayed -- he's so Ca-a-athlick..  But as

Most lay people tend to think of "Broad Church" as halfway between high church
and low church; most clergy tend to mean "Scripture Broadly interpreted."

So search committees and vestries and prospective clerics often seem to be
talking past each other.

Though in your example Marion, I'm hearing the vestry conversation now, "Well,
he says he's high church Anglican, but he was a Presbyterian. How "high" could
he possibly be?"

Cheers,
Jim