[Magdalen] "leaving church" was -->Re: Prayer request

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Apr 29 18:51:20 UTC 2015

In a message dated 4/29/2015 2:09:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
wmmah at stoneledge.net writes:

Many,  many years ago, I play the part of the Pope in the Eugene O'Neill
play,  *Marco Millions.*  I wore a white yarmulke from a wedding that  my
Jewish, then-wife-to-be had attended.

It seemed  appropriate.

Mike M.>>>>

And on the subject of unusual apparel for clergy, there is the
capa magna, an exaggerated cape with almost absurdly long train,
which must be supported by one or more assistants (think:   bride's
train, recent royal wedding).

Advocates of keeping alive the Extraordinary Form of the RC Rite
(the Latin Tridentine) sponsored a Tridentine Solemn Pontifical High
Mass at the little-used high altar of the National Shrine in  Washington,
DC.  The bishop pontificating this extravaganza entered the  sanctuary
wearing an especially long capa magna.

It was ridiculous IMHO.  If they were trying to demonstrate  the liturgical
wonders of the Old Rite (and there are many), this bizarre garb was  not
the way to go.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cappa_magna

David Strang.