[Magdalen] Calif, etc.

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 3 02:29:15 UTC 2015

>>>I must confess that watching the national USA news every evening,
I have just been overwhelmed by the wildfires burning everywhere,
to the point one wonders seriously if there is any California left.
 Over and beyond the countless personal tragedies, as a tree lover,
I see pictures of so many glorious conifers, in particular Ponderosa
Pines lighting up like a great torch and, of course the houses as
well.
My prayers go up for the thousands of people affected by the fires.
David S.<<<

Oh God, yes, fires.  Deadly.  But oh the possible floods.  I'm one of two (yes, TWO) who manage floodplain development.  But when floods actually happen?  The whole Agency kicks in.  The local complainers don't realise that, but it's true.  When floods happen, we're out there shoring up levees, sometimes just standing still, watching levees roil in front of our eyes, with nothing to do except warn the downstream folk.

We really are a place to pray about.  Currently, dry as a bone.  If the El Nino does what's some think it might, we're running for high ground.