[Magdalen] How do you buy a stove?

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 3 08:27:56 UTC 2015

On 03/08/2015 00:52, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:
> I still think my mother's stove, with gas burners and oven
> but with a wood burning unit over to the side of the gas burners
> was ideal.  She could keep dishes warm on the wood stove portion
> while doing serious cooking on the burners.

It's always amazed me that some people like their Aga ranges and
equivalent.  http://www.agaliving.com  Apart from the size (too big for
most British kitchens), cost and fuel consumption they are also
difficult to control. (I have just seen they now do a smaller model of
conventional UK size - 60 cm square with a single hot-plate - at a shade
under 5,000 GBP.)  Time and money must not matter to those who choose to
go that route.

Roger