[Magdalen] Political stance

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon Aug 3 11:02:05 UTC 2015

-----Original Message-----

>In the current political climate in the United States, i find myself drawn to
>extremism toward the left. I'm not sure things is healthy.

A friend on FB who has known me for nearly 60 years remembered that I was a fan
of Barry Goldwater and then was a volunteer in the Buckley for Mayor campaign.

He asked how my views had changed so radically. I told him they haven't changed
at all, but in today's political climate Goldwater (and the Buckley of 1965)
would be considered by many to be on the far left <g>.

BTW, Hillary Clinton was active in youth for Goldwater, so maybe we're in the
same boat?

Cheers,
Jim