[Magdalen] How do you buy a stove?

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 18:34:59 UTC 2015

My parents were raised in Missouri, my dad as a city kid and my mom as a
small town girl. I had little experience with farm kitchens until I was in
college and dated a local farm boy for awhile. His parents' house actually
had a "summer kitchen" which was on a screened-in porch type room. I could
see that it would be much cooler for canning etc. I have since seen how
local Amish and Mennonite women actually move wood stoves outdoors for
canning in hot weather. Seems very reasonable to me if one is going to be
canning vast amounts in miserably warm weather!