[Magdalen] My move

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 12:12:29 UTC 2015

... continues.  On moving day, the truck that came was half as big as
was needed!  So the saga continues.  After signing a   pile of papers at
the lawyer's yesterday a.m., we assembled in W'vale to continue clearing
the house and load our cars.  Wonderful Kevin showed up and carried on
his good work.  My dear friend Michelle was remarkable and even washed
inside all the kitchen cupboards and cleaned the fridge completely!

The fellow who had taken stuff previously came last night and cleared
out the rest of the furniture, including the dining table and chairs and
side board that Fiona had returned to me as no longer needed (!), and
some other stuff that had emerged from the pod this time.

Back to W'vale today with a rented 15' to clear the box mountain in the
garage and take gardening tools and such.   The same gang will
reassemble.   Most of this load is now headed for a rented storage unit
in Port Hope where I can pick it over and deal with it without a gun to
my head.  The new owners get the keys this afternoon.

Five appliances were delivered on Wednesday.  At the end of the day for
a variety of crazy reasons, only the fridge is up and running.

Only one very stressed collapse in tears yesterday ...  I'm saving the
breakdown for later.

Marion, a pilgrim