[Magdalen] Dog Days.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Aug 8 00:27:24 UTC 2015

We used to refer to the first couple of weeks in August as "Dog Days"
when the water bourn pollen covered the surface of the otherwise  sparkling
surface of the tens of thousands of lakes in the Upper Midwest.  I  don't
know how that name arose.

In this case, however, I mean that my cleaning lady brought us a  dozen
hotdogs from the local hotdog/Frankfurter/Wiener restaurant, and we
pigged out on them during the day.  There were various chili's,  sauerkraut,
and relish varieties.

It reminded me of my son's statement that hotdogs are nature's most  nearly
perfect food.

Yes, I suspect they are a nutritional disaster, but it's still summer, and
it's
fun to turn to simple picnic food like this.

David Strang.