[Magdalen] Stove arrived dented

Susan Hagen susanvhagen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 23:16:37 UTC 2015

It is bugging me.  I roast veggies and the baked chicken thigh is a staple
of my diet, both for dinner and leftover for office lunches.  I used the
broiler successfully on eggplant and squash the other night but had to
watch like a hawk.  I could do the same for some chicken but it's just less
convenient.

I have a morbid fear of gas grills and don't own one.  I know it's PTSD
from Girl Scout camping days and the old pump action Coleman stoves and
lanterns that had a tendency to flare.  I still cling to my charcoal grill
but haven't had the time to fire it up.

I also want to toast some bread long and slow for croutons to go in various
salads - Caprese, Caesar, things like that.  I like to let them get very
dry and crunchy so they can soak up the vegetable juices.

Susan

--
Before enlightenment pay bills, do laundry.  After enlightenment pay bills,
do laundry.