[Magdalen] Asian?

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 18:25:06 UTC 2015

East Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, and Sri Lankans are now more
commonly referred to as "South Asians", while Chinese, Japanese,
Mongolians, and Tibetans are "East Asians" or simply "Asians" and
Filipinos, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Laotians, Malaysians, Indochinese and
Singaporeans are "Southeast Asians"......confusing, isn't it? Especially
since half the time people throw Pakistanis and Afghans in with the Middle
Easterners simply because most of them are Muslim, the heck with geography.