[Magdalen] First day of school.

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Mon Aug 10 21:50:43 UTC 2015

Seems to me that I remember my high school going to a mandatory system (way
back when, shortly after I graduated; who knows about now), where boys took
at least a semester of home ec - basic cooking, following a recipe, basic
nutrition, etc.  Girls took a semester of "shop" (what the boys took),
which involved some very basic repairs, use of tools, including power
tools, basic car maintenance (how to change a tire, how to change your own
oil, etc.), maybe how to make some simple project (like a bookcase).  I
thought that was a great idea.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY