[Magdalen] Prayer pats needed

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 01:12:11 UTC 2015

Oh, Jay, I'm so glad you caught it so quickly! When you posted that note last evening about the pain up into your forehead, that's when I said "Get it checked!" I was working at the hospital when I had mine, and I walked over to our outpatient care center to get checked. They started me on the antiviral and pain meds immediately and told me to see my eye doc ASAP. I went the next day. Didn't gave them in my eye at that point, but at the follow up a few days later, I did, so they added some steroid drops. Hopefully, Jay, your eye won't be involved!
I did pick up a few little factoids during the process. Shingles in that particular location will not cross the midline of the head. Also, it is common to have one lesion/blister on the tip of the nose. (I was spared that indignity, thank goodness!) I didn't have to stay home, but I think I had to avoid direct patient contact for a week.
Prayers for a speedy and uncomplicated recovery, Jay!