[Magdalen] Prayer pats needed

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Wed Aug 12 03:35:29 UTC 2015

On 8/10/15 8:24 PM, Grace Cangialosi wrote:
> Prayer pats coming and also the suggestion that you get the shingles
> vaccine as soon as you're over whatever this is.  I had shingles in my eye
> a few years ago--scared me to death, though there were no lasting
> consequences.  But I got the vaccine a couple of years ago, because I don't
> want to chance another outbreak. I got the shot at Walgreen's, and I think
> it was about $15.

You must have had some good insurance.  I got mine from a State
subsidized clinic, and it was over $300.  I didn't have insurance at all
at the time, but I understand that a lot of insurance doesn't cover it
anyway.  But I happened to have the money, and was getting all sorts of
basic health updates at that time, and my mother truly suffered agonies
with shingles, for months, in the early 70s, and I figured it was worth
it for the chance of missing it (the vaccine doesn't always "work",
either, but it cuts your percentage).

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net