[Magdalen] Prayers: massive explosion in China

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 15 21:49:37 UTC 2015

On 15/08/2015 22:20, Jay Weigel wrote:
> The death toll has risen to 104, including some firefighters. I have a
> feeling the news will be a lot worse before it gets better.

Unfortunately in the nature of such incidents that is likely to be
true.  Reports indicate that firefighters were on scene before the
explosions and it may be that their use of water on chemicals stored
there actually triggered the explosions.  Certainly a chemical that
reacts violently with water is reported to have been there.

Let us give thanks, however, that it appears somebody who was 50 metres
away has been recovered alive.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-33945788

Roger