[Magdalen] Down-hearted

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Aug 17 20:33:21 UTC 2015

In a message dated 8/17/2015 4:11:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

themselves what they will actually DO once they get there... and  there's
no
predicting that, sad to  say.>>>>>

I'm reminded of a line from a play I saw years ago:  "There is  no
(clergy) mister/sister wonderful".

No one can quite live up to our expectations, especially in a situation
where the last incumbent was a big disappointment.  I've had the
feeling a number of times that we (my parish at the time) disserve
a good new clergy fit, and the reality is that it rarely happens.  I  guess
we need to set our sights lower, at least the measuring up to our
high personal hopes.

I have really had a difficult time enduring some of the clergy I have
known, but if I had it to do all over again, I would react just  the
opposite from what I did with negativity and unhappiness and instead
make it a point to be positive and on a personal level treat  difficult
clergy with friendliness , even to the point of "killing them with
kindness."

David S.