[Magdalen] Fwd: Breaking News Alert: Cancer has spread to brain, Jimmy Carter says

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 17:51:04 UTC 2015

I agree completely with Jay.  Jimmy Carter gets to choose his treatment.
Plus, sometimes radiation is used as part of palliative care.

I remember when my mother-in-law broke (age 97) both hips within 3 weeks
and with the second break, it was quite evident she was failing fast.  Many
people, some on this list, questioned why her children had chosen to have
hip repair done.  The answer was that her pain level was agony x 10.  She
never regained consciousness from the second surgery but considering her
healthy body, she lingered for 3 weeks and died, but without her or her
children having to suffer from the excrutiating hip pain, or seeing her
suffer.

I would guess that the Carters have given good information to the public,
but that we don't have the whole story.  I'm not second guessing his choice
to have treatment.

Ginga