[Magdalen] pain

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 21:12:36 UTC 2015

I remember watching the movie, "the Song of Bernadette," that there were
all of these miracles associated with the spring at Lourdes, and Bernadette
herself was whisked away to a convent where she lived in obscurity, not
seeking recognition. She was seen limping one day and a physician examined
her, to find she had a tumor of the bone in her leg, which had undoubtedly
been causing her enormous pain for some time. When her superior asked her
to consider going to the spring at Lourdes, she said that the spring was
not for her.
At the end of her life, in response to an official asking if she had
anything to add or any words for the faithful, she cried out, "I did see
her! I DID see her!" And at that moment, she saw Her again. It gives us all
hope that, come what may, we all may one day see Her.

May angels sustain your faith.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford