[Magdalen] Irish Eyes.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sun Aug 30 21:43:18 UTC 2015

>> My fave was a contractor with a Jamaican/Irish accent.
>> Fannnnn-tastic!

We k new a very well-known actor with a great, beep basso West Indies accent,
but when asked where his accent came from, his standard answer was "South
Phill-ah-DELL-phiah."

You could tell the difference between real folks and mere poseurs at social
events by their reaction.

It's also quite a culture shock to walk into one of the West Indian parishes in
Brooklyn with a great Men and Boys choir sounding like they're singing for her
majesty Queen Victoria as the sing Anglican Chant (a capella!).

The young boys lose pick up that quasi-Southern accent common in the African
American community, but revert to the Queen's English upon command from the
preacher or choir director <g>.

Cheers,
Jim