[Magdalen] A prayer, please

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Mon Aug 31 04:56:59 UTC 2015

Hi, Arthur, nice to meet you.
I will pray for your calm and acceptance.

I once knew a girl who was born without a tailbone, and she didn't know
it until she had some x-rays for a physical for college acceptance.
She'd never missed it. I was not in touch with her after that year of
college, so I don't know whether she ever got around to missing it.

I thought that I was normal for 63 years (I'm 71 now), and then found
out that I was born with Asperger's Syndrome.  Nobody was diagnosing it
at all for most of my life.  It was actually a great relief to me to
find it out: it explained a lot about what I thought were just
individual personality quirks, and oddnesses in my memories.

James was referring to an urban legend common a few years ago, when
there was (maybe still is) a big black market with huge prices for
kidneys and maybe other organs for transplants.  The story commonly went
around of people whose (one) kidneys were stolen for that black market
(since you only need one), with that "awakening" scene, the ice for the
purpose of stemming bleeding during the time period that they were
unattended, the surgery very crude.  I think I've seen a couple of tv
cop shows based on the story, too.  Don't know whether it was ever
documented to have happened.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net