[Magdalen] Bro Donald.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 1 18:06:27 UTC 2015

On 01/12/2015 17:50, M J _Mike_ Logsdon wrote:
> frightening that a supposedly serious political party in one of the major
> countries in the world can be so far gone that it cannot present a single
> credible candidate at all. And what's more, it seems a lot of people are
> okay with this.<<<
>
> Actually, it has put forward at least one credible candidate (no, I'm not naming names).  But as is being reported particularly recently, the GOP primary electorate (please keep the primary/general dichotomy in mind) is outspokenly unconcerned about credibility.  So, is it the supposedly serious party's fault?  Hardly.  (At least right now.)

I wonder if the states with a caucus method of selection will put the
candidates in a different order from the ones where it is a primary
election.  The important question is whether or not X is a credible
candidate for the general election.  Unless they are then they will
spend a shedload of money to no real effect.  Any democracy needs
credible alternatives and I am not convinced that the present Republican
field will offer that in 11 months' time.

Roger