[Magdalen] Bro Donald.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 00:09:49 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 6:02 PM, Lynn Ronkainen <houstonklr at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've not followed up on something I head about yesterday regarding the state
> of Illinois and a wealthy family or group who is quietly backing *many* of
> the office holders who have taken the state by storm, at every level...
> Scott - do you know anything about this?

Yes: One is Ken Griffin, the top billionaire around here; Chicago
Magazine loves to report on what his house looks like and what he
likes to do on vacations. Apparently he poured lots of dough into
Bruce Rauner's campaign for governor (Republican) but also Rahm
Emanuel's campaign for mayor (Democrat), because he opposed the
teacher's union.

Excellent NYT article here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/30/us/politics/illinois-campaign-money-bruce-rauner.html?_r=0

--