[Magdalen] Education.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Dec 2 18:07:19 UTC 2015

In a message dated 12/2/2015 12:28:11 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

Leo  Steffens at St. Andrew's>>>>>

Well, yes, I knew him via his position at the UW-Madison School of
Music.

There was, during the years I was an undergraduate, a student
working on his PhD in keyboard instruments --- Arthur Becknell.   He
was assistant to Paul Jones, University Organist and director of the
UW Chorus of which I was a member.

Becknell was the most remarkable choral conductor I've ever  encountered
and had the ability to conduct, and comment over the top of the music
being performed.  He could stress the part needing help while
simultaneously
playing all the parts, and it was a real joy to have him teaching.

How do I remember all these people and their names?

David Strang.