[Magdalen] Applebee Project

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Dec 2 18:45:58 UTC 2015

Someone earlier wondered just how the current gun craze-culture came about (or something like that).  My take on it is that in a land that at least in our own heads (collectively speaking) is the ultimate terrestrial "last frontier", letting go of how we actually *did* the westward migration, -- for those already gun-oriented --, is hard to let go of.  The result?  "Militias" of all stripes, and my favorite current saint of the mindset, Cliven Bundy and his "sheriff's the highest [only?] authority" bunch.  Last year's standoff at gunpoint with federal officers over Bundy's theft of federal monies (unpaid grazing fees) made me more sick than (though not always, so don't worry) listening to The Donald today.