[Magdalen] Marcy update

Susan Hagen susanvhagen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 01:00:29 UTC 2015

Dear Jim,
I don't know what you have promised Marcy or yourself about caring for
her at home.  I know we found that with my mother, even with many hour
of in-home aides, there came a time when the night hours became
impossible.  Later there came a time when her dementia meant that even
the assisted living facility was unable to care for her.  There is a
point where only round the clock skilled nurses can keep someone safe
and healthy. Only multiple skilled hands can lift and turn and prevent
pressure sores and infections.  Only people who work an eight hour
shift and get a break afterwards can cope with the needs of a very
frail person.  I don't know if you and Marcy are there yet.  Only you
will know when it is that time  but I hope you will let yourself do
what you need to do to ensure that she gets the care she needs and you
don't die trying to provide it.  You know we love you.  Please don't
stop sharing this struggle with us.

Susan

--
The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among
you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the