[Magdalen] Marcy update

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 16:35:14 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 11:13 PM, James Oppenheimer-Crawford
<oppenheimerjw at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it is a kind of denial defense
> mechanism that is common to all of us if we get to that point.

My dad, with Parkinson's, had a hard time believing he really could no
longer drive. I found this out when I stayed with him while my mom was
having knee surgery; somehow he found some car keys and was halfway
down the driveway when I ran out and he stopped. I told him Mom had
said clearly that no matter what else, Dad is not to drive. He looked
downcast and shut off the car to let me put it back in the garage.
Very sad moment for both of us. Keys stayed in my pocket and under my
pillow through the rest of my stay.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA