[Magdalen] My County responds.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Dec 4 03:02:13 UTC 2015

>>>The response to this tragedy here in NE Pennsylvania USA has been to
overwhelm the firearm stores to buy more guns.<<<

I'm sure that's happening here too.  (North and South County especially.)  But by and large, we're different out here, at least to a degree.  We're 50%-75% Hispanic (county / city), and my lifetime here has taught me one thing:  my Mexican brethren cause mayhem every day, either gang-related, crime-related, personal vendetta-related (like the recent "active shooter" situation right across the street from my work, which was aimed at an ex-wife but instead took out her aunt and uncle), etc.  But that "etc" simply doesn't include "radicalism" as we see on TV these days, even with my caucasian brethren.  We're hardly a peaceable County, but we're not gonna shoot up Planned Parenthood because we're against abortion.  And I'd be very interested to learn how many Muslims we actually have.  I know for a fact there's no mosque.  As a County employee, the main danger we face is an angry public due to our various ordinances.  I regularly remind my co-worker (it's so hard to call her my "boss", but such she is) that in the event of needing to get out of Dodge immediately, it's out the window, along the fence line, and behind the Office of Education Annex where there's plenty of places to hide.  "Do you think we can get out these windows?"  "I know *I'm* getting out one of them, and if *I* can go out it, you will too.  And since you're going first, I'll push you through.  My promise."