[Magdalen] Education.

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Fri Dec 4 23:39:33 UTC 2015

This is (or was - my experience goes back ~30 years) common in the Northeast
in RC parishes, and it indeed is, in effect,  an admission charge. There is
a separate collection later - usually with guys with baskets on long poles
which they slide down the pew - much more efficient, I guess, than "passing
the plate".

Personally, I'm not impressed with either of these practices.

Chad Wohders
East Bridgewater, MA USA
chadwohl at satucket.com